Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), was set up by the Government of India in collaboration with the Government of Gujarat and Indian industry as an autonomous institution in 1961. The Institute provides education, training, consulting, and research facilities in management.
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (equivalent to MBA)
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Agri-business Management (equivalent to MBA)
- Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to Ph.D.)
- One-Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX, equivalent to MBA)
Management Development Programmes (MDPs) for industry, business, agricultural and rural sectors, and public systems covering education, health, transport, and population. In the last 50 years, over 47,450 managers have participated in various MDPs.
- Faculty Development Programme for teachers in universities and colleges.
Centers and Groups
- Centre for Innovation, Incubation, and Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Infrastructure Policy and Regulation
- Centre for Management in Agriculture
- Centre for Management of Health Services
- Centre for Retailing
- Computer and Information Systems Group
- Faculty Development Centre
- Gender Resource Centre
- IIMA-Idea Telecom Centre of Excellence
- Insurance Research Centre
- Public Systems Group
- Ravi J. Matthai Centre for Educational Innovation
- Business Policy
- Finance and Accounting
- Organizational Behaviour
- Personnel and Industrial Relations
- Production and Quantitative Methods
Kasturbhai Lalbhai Management Development Centre (KLMDC)
located on the IIMA main campus and
International Management Development Centre (IMDC)
, located on the new campus, provide an academic and learning environment for participants of the Management Development Programmes. All rooms at KLMDC and IMDC are furnished and air-conditioned. They have separate dining halls, a reading lounge, well equipped classrooms, auditoriums, syndicate rooms, and computer labs. The Institute's campus is wi-fi enabled. Fitness centre and facilities for indoor and outdoor games exist on the campus.
The city has moderate to hot climate. Light woollen may be required in December and January. Following is the general pattern of temperature.
How to Reach Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is well connected to other parts of India through air, rail, and road. There are daily flights to important metros and international flights to destinations such as Muscat, London, and New York. Daily train services operate to Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata,and Chennai, and computerized reservation facilities are available.
How to Reach the Venue
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is 45 minutes drive from the airport and 25-30 minutes from the railway station/bus station. For reaching IIMA, on landing in the city ask the taxi/auto rickshaw for "Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad". The Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service operates buses throughout the city. Metered auto rickshaws ply day and night and provide an alternative mode of transport. Taxis are available near the railway station and the airport and the tariff varies according to distance.