It is now widely recognised that organisational competitiveness can be enhanced or developed based on an effective manufacturing strategy of an organisation and its implementation. In the Indian context, this may be a means by which the global presence of Indian companies can be improved. Enhancing manufacturing competitiveness would help Indian companies to respond appropriately to the challenges of multinationals in India. The purpose of this programme is to provide an in-depth understanding of the strategic importance of manufacturing function in the context of the organisation and to illustrate how the manufacturing function can be leveraged to improve the overall competitiveness of the organisation.
• Business strategy and manufacturing strategy linkages
• Dimensions of manufacturing strategy – response time, quality, cost, and flexibility
• Elements of manufacturing strategy
• Formulation and implementation of manufacturing strategy
• Enabling role of human resources, management systems, and information technology.
Senior managers in the manufacturing function like presidents, vice presidents, general managers, strategic business unit (SBU) heads in charge of manufacturing, and owner managers of medium-sized organsations.