The extant corporate governance framework and the resulting requirements under corporate law and securities regulation place extensive fiduciary responsibility on the board of directors. In addition to jeopardizing even survival of a company, poor oversight by the board may result in onerous personal penalties for the board members. Board members therefore need to constantly update their knowledge and stay informed about the changing landscape of corporate governance and learn about the best practices in the field through sharing of experiences.
The programme provides an opportunity for participants to learn from faculty with wide ranging board experience to equip themselves with the nuances of knowledge and skills required to be effective as board members in the context of emerging corporate governance standards and prevailing governance environment.
· Corporate Governance Principles and Best Practices
· Capital Markets and Corporate Governance
· Structure, Role and Functioning of Boards
· Role and Functioning of the Audit Committee
· Role and Functioning of the Nominations and Remunerations Committee
· Role of Non-executive Independent Directors
· Leadership, strategy and governance
· Enterprise Risk Management
· Ethics, Governance and Corporate Reputation
· Value Creation and Shareholder Value Management
· Disclosure and Investor Communications
· Corporate Social Responsibility
· Emerging issues in corporate governance in India
Cases, lectures and other participant centred learning pedagogies
Participants would be those who are currently serving on the board of a company or are likely to be inducted on the board soon.