Corporate entrepreneurship (also called intrapreneurship/internal corporate venturing/corporate innovation) refers to the development and implementation of new ideas within established companies. It is an attempt to inculcate the mindset and skills of smaller firms within larger entities. Globally, with the proliferation and oftenmeteoric rise of startups, corporate entrepreneurship is increasingly recognised as necessary to protect and even enhance a firm's competitive position. This programme provides an opportunity to understand how novel opportunities are pursued within firm boundaries, design a corporate venturing process, and nurture an organisational appetite for bold experimentation.
The major strengths of the programme are:
A cohort of participants from different industries to learn best corporate entrepreneurship practices and intrapreneurship models
Faculty with research and teaching expertise related to individual and firm level entrepreneurship
IIMA's experience of incubating startups at the CIIE (Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship)
Strong contextualization of cases and readings
Provide the analytics, models and tools required to foster entrepreneurship within the firm
For more information or any questions, please contact Rahul Gupta: firstname.lastname@example.org,+91 87588 00397
*Programme dates, fee and mode of offering are subject to change.
• Develop an understanding of the corporate venturing process and how some firms have managed to embed it
• Realise the importance of key variables (innovation, pro-activeness and risk taking) involved in corporate entrepreneurship
• Appreciate the many models of corporate entrepreneurship and connect those that fit with your own organisation
• Facilitate an environment where intelligent failure is not only tolerated but encouraged
• Engage with concepts like the lean start-up, open innovation and design thinking
• What , Why , How of corporate entrepreneurship ?
• Role of design thinking
• Learn startup and agile manufacturing
• Nurturing and embedding an entrepreneurial mindset in large companies
• Measuring a firms environment for corporate entrepreneurship
The programme is targeted at senior executives who have a role and responsibility in establishing and managing ventures within an existing organization; are charged with creating a start-up environment to nurture embryonic businesses within organisations or envisage themselves occupying either of these roles in the future.