This programme provides an opportunity to understand and examine the various strategies that organisations can adopt to achieve sustainable and profitable growth in the new global and competitive environment. It recognizes that while formulating strategies for growth to maximize shareholder value, organisations are required to address the needs of their shareholders and accept responsibility for a larger set of stakeholders, namely, customers, suppliers and members of society. It delineates frameworks and concepts that are helpful in thinking through the growth dilemmas. It identifies and discusses issues in sustaining the growth momentum.
• Delineate the context and rationale for pursuing growth
• Explore issues in taking charge and leading growth
• Articulate and help think through the growth dilemmas
• Identify and evaluate growth options
• Discuss the frameworks, models and principles of sustainable growth
• Design systems for monitoring execution and sustaining the momentum for growth
• Provide a platform for sharing experiences in formulating and implementing growth strategies
The programme would cover the following aspects of strategies for growth: Growth strategy: Context and rationale
• Vision or opportunity?
• Strategic Planning in VUCA environment
• Designing business models
• Being responsible about growth Arena for growth
• Vertical integration
• Diversification: Related and unrelated Modes of growth
• Innovation and internal development
• Strategic alliances and joint ventures
• Mergers and acquisitions Leadership for growth
• Manager or Leader?
• Inclusive Leadership Issues in resource mobilisation and execution
• Corporate Entrepreneurship
• Turnaround Strategy
• Corporate Strategy
The programme is meant for Owners, CEOs, Directors, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, and General Managers of large and medium-sized organisations with aspirations for growth and its sustenance. Organisations would benefit more from the programme if they sponsor a team of top and senior executives.
The programme would use a mix of pedagogies like case method, panel discussion, role play and simulation and presentations.