The programme will focus on various frameworks of strategic planning of IT road maps for organizations and will discuss issues related to the management of IT projects and proper execution of the same. The programme will also emphasise various facets of IT project justification beginning with various financial models that can benefit management. A few topics which the programme will focus on are as follows:
• Benefiting from disruptive innovations and transformational business
• Aligning IT with business strategy
• Identifying the information requirements of managers
• Managing outsourcing
• Managing employees and performance: The people framework
• Concept of strategy: Corporate and competitive
• Tracking organizational performance – BSC and strategy formulation and implementation
• Dashboards for information tracking and analysis
• Valuation of IT projects
• Developing an IT applications portfolio
• Business intelligence
• Governance and structuring of IT organizations
• Managerial evaluation of projects
• Understanding why IT initiatives fail: Planning to succeed
• Achieving strategic benefits from IT
One of the main objectives of the programme on Aligning IT with Business is to make the participants of the programme understand the issues related to strategic planning and usage of IT in an organization. The programme also emphasises the strategic benefits and,the competitive advantage that organizations across the globe have successfully achieved by managing a proper IT portfolio. Strategic management of IT should not only mean strategic utilisation of IT but should also emphasise strategic IT planning and decision-making. Thus, the programme will focus on internal and external short-term and long-term requirements for the strategic IT management of organizations.
The lead learning tool will be case studies which will be supplemented with lectures, group presentations, group exercises and games along with self-learning. To integrate the learning, the programme will end with an integrated case or a practical problem-based group presentation.
The programme is intended for Chief Information Officers and top managers of organizations to make them appreciate various aspects of the strategic management of IT and ensure better alignment of IT and business strategy.