Have you ever been in a situation where something is crystal clear to you, but your colleagues don't seem to grasp the significance of your idea, product or analysis? Struggled with your pitch, despite having a strong product? Spent hours creating data-based recommendations, only to realize that you have lost the attention of your key stakeholders during the presentation?
If any of these situations sound familiar, then 'Crafting Meaningful stories through Data' is the right programme for you. Business stories are not substitutes for data-based insights. But compelling business stories, with their ability to persuade, can make a powerful impact on your audience. While numbers matter, just numbers by themselves may not always be enough to move people in the desired direction. Weaving in the right story allows leaders to connect the dots and communicate the big picture. It brings in coherence, contextualizes data, helps frame your arguments, and most importantly, hold the attention of your audience in an increasingly noisy world.
The objective of this workshop is to enable leaders to leverage data-driven storytelling tools for impactful conversations. It is meant for senior-level professionals who frequently engage with internal and/or external stakeholders in high stakes business settings. Complex facts, figures and analysis form the crucial underpinning in such meetings and presentations. On one hand, the quantum of data is exploding, tending to make our outputs data-heavy and dense; on the other hand, audience attention spans are dwindling, making it difficult to put across our points to them. Business stories, however, are a great tool to engage and hold people’s attention. This program will enable participants achieve better outcomes by crafting stories that help them deliver key messages.
- Understand audience: Understand the audience and context and it’s impact on the story
- Find the story: Find the story insights in the data by knowing what to look for
- Craft the narrative: Use the appropriate story structures and frameworks to craft a coherent and engaging narrative; and weave in powerful story elements such as emotions, human stories, curiosity and analogies to enhance impact
- Create visuals: Use compelling and simple visuals to bring out the story; learn techniques for highlighting and de-cluttering slides
- Prepare for Delivery: Specific tips on how to prepare for impactful delivery
Senior or mid-senior level executives and entrepreneurs who need to communicate in several high-stakes situations in a year. These could include:
B2B sales pitch meetings with clients
Quarterly/ annual review meetings with CEO/Board
Fund-raising pitches by entrepreneurs
Consulting assignment meetings / project reviews
Case studies, role plays, presentations and simulated exercises based on relatable datasets.