3TP: Senior Leaders' Programme
|Start Date:||Jan 8, 2023||End Date:||Jan 28, 2023|
|Last Date for Application:||December 26, 2022||Last Date for Early Bird:||December 19, 2022|
|Early Bird Fee:||
The 3-Tier Concept
The 3-Tier Programme (3-TP) is a set of flagship executive programmes designed, developed and offered by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMA) with the following management philosophy:
Managerial effectiveness is enhanced if managerial competence and skill development activity are viewed from the perspective of the entire organisation.
Organisational growth and development are facilitated if executives are exposed to learning opportunities and experiences that simulate the activities and responsibilities of teams in organisations.
The process of change is accelerated and sustained when interventions on managerial skills are initiated simultaneously at several levels.
The potential for the development and up gradation of its people is considered a critical factor for an organisation in the long term.
Operationally, 3-TP is a set of three executive programmes designed to meet the developmental needs of middle, senior and top executives of medium and large organisations.
The 3-Tier Programmes which have been offered over 64 times in the past has so far attracted over 11,180 participants from public, private and government sector organisations.
Senior Leaders’ Programme
This programme is positioned at a strategic and senior leadership level and is meant for functional/domain heads and general managers who are involved in both strategy formulation and execution.
For more information or any questions, contact Krishna Dhamecha: firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 70690 29947
The objectives of the programme are to:
Help participants in developing the outlook of a strategic business unit head or functional head, which requires the integration of the organisation’s overall strategy with functional strategies in various areas of management.
Sensitise participants to key contemporary concerns like the glocalisation of business, managing ambiguity and talent retention.
Enable participants to view various functions of management in today’s rapidly changing global economy.
The programme emphasises the decision-making and problem-solving approach through the dominant pedagogy of the “Case Method of Learning”. The approach involves defining problems, specifying objectives, generating criteria, developing options and choosing the best alternative in an uncertain environment. The case method uses real-life situations for discussion, thereby enhancing the applicability of the learning from the pedagogy. Additionally, the programme helps develop leadership skills such as coordination, motivation and inspiration and suggests measures to monitor and control processes and functions.
The programme is divided into several interdependent modules, each of which focuses on a different aspect or function of management from a senior management perspective. The programme concludes with an integrated exercise requiring participants to apply their learning from the modules to a real-life case.
- Data-driven decision-making
- Using analytics to deliver better value
- Making business decisions using analytical tools
- Data Visualization for Decision Making
Business and Competitive Strategy
- Strategic Positioning
- Competitive and market dynamics
- Strategy execution and organizational alignment
- Understanding corporate investment
- Making financial decisions
Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Role of the Board in governance
- Ethical perspectives
- Managing growth and diversification
- Mergers, acquisitions and valuation
- Managing Strategic Alliances
- International expansion
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Tracking organisational performance through Performance Management Systems
- Problem structuring and analysis
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Revenue Management
Economic Environment and Policy
- Framework for understanding the macro-economic environment
- Elements of fiscal and monetary policies
- Global economic environment
Financial and Cost Accounting
- Analysis of financial statements
- Costing for managerial decisions
Human Resource Management
- Emerging trends in human resource management
- Managing human resources for enhancing performance
Innovation and Change management
- Disruptive innovations
- New-age business models
- Developing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Managing innovation across borders
- IT as an enabler for modern businesses
- Strategic IT
Legal Aspects of Business Management
- Contracts in business
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property issues
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing negotiations
- Communication in crisis situations
- Customer value creation
- Product market choice imperatives
- Product positioning
- Trends in modern-day marketing
- Organising operations for efficiency and effectiveness
- Quality management and assurance
- Uncertainty, Complexity and Risk in Projects
- Leadership by Project Management
- Managing competencies
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership and team-building
- Power in organisations
- Understanding the role of Risk Management in modern business
- Assessing financial and business risk
- Opportunity engineering
A mix of pedagogical tools — cases, lectures, discussions, presentations, audio-visuals and experiential exercises will be used. A typical day will include about five hours of classroom sessions and about six hours of group work and preparation for classroom discussions.
This programme is designed for senior management professionals of medium to large public and private sector organisations who are desirably above 35 years of age with more than 10 years of managerial experience. The participants are either in senior management positions reporting to the top management or are groomed to occupy such positions or are currently heading a functional department.