IIMA CTL – Workshop on Electric Vehicles: A Primer for Beginners on June 15 and June 22, 2021
June 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The workshop on “Electric Vehicle: A Primer for Beginners” shall familiarize participants in academia, and from industry with the key concepts and aspects of the EV industry. Also, the workshop shall pose some of the key challenges and opportunities both on the research and commercial fronts in the EV domain.
This is a two-session workshop (each session of 2 hours), and it is advised to attend both the sessions.
Session 1 : June 15, 2021 at 5 – 7 PM IST followed by QA
Session 2 : June 22, 2021 at 5 – 7 PM IST followed by QA
- Key components of an electric vehicle (EV) and types of EVs
- Overview of related concepts including Li-Ion battery and Battery Management System
- Different types of EV charging (slow, fast, AC/DC)
- EV outlook (current state and projections in Indian and international market)
- Role of domain stakeholders in EV operations (drivers, fleet operators, charge point operators, mobility service providers, energy suppliers, OEMs)
- Electricity distribution network concepts to understand the role of utilities in EV
- EV Financing in India (current state, challenges, opportunities, and examples)
- EV Policy in India (FAME II, Electricity Rates, Subsidies)
- Research/commercial challenges and opportunities in India EV landscape including urban planning, end-user behavior, policy making, and infrastructure planning
About the Speaker
Dr. Arvind Kumar has 20 years of experience in the mobility domain. As a VP-R&D at Optym, an MNC in transportation space, he has helped several companies worldwide in improving the efficiency of their operations using advanced mathematical modeling tools. For over a year, he has been closely involved in the EV domain. He has guided the team at a Bangalore/Toronto-based EV startup, Elocity, in developing solutions in EV space to help chargepoint operators, cities and electric utilities grow with the EV adoption. He also holds a B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Madras, and a PhD in Industrial Engineering from University of Florida. More about him at Dr. Arvind Kumar.
DMr. Vignesh Nandakumar has 20 years of corporate experience in the roles of lead executive and investor in large firms. Recently, as a Partner with LGT Lightstone Aspada, a global impact fund, he led the environmental sustainability focused investments, into electric vehicles, renewable energy and the shared and circular economy. He has also served as an active Board member of Amp Energy, Vogo Automotive and Lithium Urban Technologies as well as the co-CEO of Lithium Urban Technologies. He has a track record of developing and executing on renewable energy investments of over $750M across India, South Africa and SE Asia with SunEdison and headed the sub-Saharan Africa business. He holds a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from IIT Madras, and an MBA from ISB Hyderabad. More about him at Mr. Vignesh Nandakumar